Introduction: What is CPC?
Cost per click is a bidding model in which advertisers only pay when their ad is clicked on. This means that the advertiser pays the amount they bid for each click. CPC ads are usually used by companies who want to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to their website or store. In Google Ads we mostly use this model to drive traffic to our links/websites. This is one of the best model to use when you are focusing more on sales or leads.
The model exists in most of the Objectives/Goals, for these goals you generate thousands of impressions and you set your own bidding amount you want pay for each click.
The Process of Keyword Targeting
There are many tools that can help with keyword research. Google’s Keyword Tool is one of them, but it doesn’t give you any information about how profitable a keyword is or if it has enough search volume for a successful ad campaign. A brand new keyword discovery feature in Google’s Keyword Tool allows users to view the average CPC (cost per click) of any keyword, whether it’s a competitor’s or not. This can help advertisers figure out if it is worth their time to target that specific keyword. The tool also gives information about search volume and competition for a given keyword. Market Share Another way of finding keywords is to use a tool such as Google Keyword Planner to find the number of searches for a specific keyword in the U.S., Canada, or globally. This can help you determine if that keyword is worth your time and money to target it with an ad campaign or not.
Google Ads is a very powerful platform for marketers who want to target specific audiences. However, it’s not as simple as adding keywords to an ad and hoping for the best. It takes some time and effort to get everything just right if you want your ads to be successful. The process of keyword targeting in Google Ads is a little different from other PPC platforms. For example, you can’t just add a keyword to your ad and hope that it will show up. You need to make sure that you are using the right keywords, in the right place, at the right time.
Keyword targeting is the process of selecting keywords to use in an ad campaign. It is a way to make sure that ads are relevant for users, which increases the chances of them clicking on the ad.
To find right keyword and its average cost per click you need to research a bit and make a list of right keywords, this will also help you in assessing your budget for the campaign. There are 2 ways to to this. Under Tools and Settings> Keyword Planner
You can either research new keywords with the volume and CPC or can find forecast of specific keyword based on Google past trends.
Both the tools are important to choose right keyword and make your campaign a success.
Points to consider while choosing keyword to get low CPC
- Choose long tail keywords with good volume and low CPC.
- Select right country while running keyword planner to get more conversions
- Find forecast of keywords which are low CPC and forecast shows increase in trend/google search
Once you have got your keywords you can go ahead creating your new campaign.
Tips for Optimizing Your Campaigns
Lets discuss how to optimize your campaigns to get better results. ITs always very important to consider below points to create a good low CPC campaign:
- Create a detailed campaign with a clear goal.
- Choose the right keywords for your ads and landing page. Don’t bid high while starting campaign work this out from your keywords planner stats You can slowly increase your bid over a time with google optimisation tips and your conversion stats from campaign. If you see a keyword has good conversion there is no problem increasing its bid, but if a keyword is high CPC and is not showing good conversion, add this to negative keyword list
- Use negative keywords in your campaign to reduce irrelevant traffic and spend on targeting unqualified customers.
- Use ad extensions to give users more information about your products or services when they see your ad on Google Search or the Display Network
- Check that you’re bidding at the right level for the best possible performance How to Optimize Your Google AdWords Campaigns
- If you’re new to advertising with Google AdWords, start by creating a campaign on the My Business page. You’ll be able to use this campaign to focus on a single product or service, and edit your ad text, landing page URL, daily budget and more.
Conclusion and Best Practices
Optimizing your campaigns in Google Ads is an ongoing process. You should never stop testing and optimizing because there’s always room for improvement. Some of the things you can do to optimize your campaigns in Google Ads include:
-Trying different ad formats that suit your goals
-Testing different targeting options based on what you want to achieve
-Monitoring performance by using reports and analytics tools
The conclusion of this article is that the best practices for ad optimization are necessary to increase the chances of success.
This article has provided many insights on how to target keywords on Google Ads and what best practices are necessary for ad optimization.